An undeniable powerful media, serving the world in a progressive style like never before.
Social media is a daily thing and an inseparable part of our life today. However, this wasn’t the case a decade ago. It has become a new business direction and gives us prominent spaces to connect, influence, and inspire. We all know social media today, and with time it has become the most dynamic marketing need for all businesses & professionals.
But before anything else, know how did it all begin?
The history of social media transformations has been quite interesting but unknown. We will take you through some facts today.
Social media originated and has evolved in all these years because of human’s immense desire for better communications and a craving for advanced technology. It began back in time when the telegraph machine was invented on the 24th of May, 1844.
In 1969, with the emergence of ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network), the growth of social media increased. In 1997, the first social media website named Six Degrees was launched.
Studies say, social media is regarded as one of the best innovations so far, and it’s been an ever-evolving journey from 1844 to this date.
On average, there are more than 4.2 billion active social media users all over the globe. Nowadays, social media is of key importance in both defining and shaping the right direction for any business. Whether small, mid, or large-scale, they all need social media for business marketing and growth
1. Creates brand awareness – Different brand awareness campaigns can be used to raise the brand worth like short videos, infographics, ads, and other relevant high-quality content.
2. Improves online presence – A business benefits from regular social media posting and using the right tools. Further, brands should monitor the results and use this online presence to boost their online visibility.
3. Attracts potential customers –Social media enables your brand to connect with potential customers and helps create a meaningful audience segment. This segmentation can further contribute to your customer targeting and the overall outcome.
4. Great for brand loyalty –Social media brings brand loyalty but brings responsibility too. We must respond to all those who take out their time to post on our social media posts and make them feel important.
5. Boost sales – It contributes majorly to influencing your target customers and helping them in purchase decisions. A survey from Forbes says that around 81% of customer purchase decisions are determined by social media platforms.
6. Highly cost-effective method – It is one of the most cost-effective marketing methods to give optimum support to your brand. It can also help you cut down on the number of persons needed for the customer service and eventually save your money.
7. Builds a brand reputation – Generate leads and help in building a brand reputation. Social media contributes to gaining a notable digital presence by giving impactful value, brand goodwill, and an authentic online reputation.
8. Gives industry/market insights – Customer insights from social media make you understand and analyze their online behavior, purchases, likes, and dislikes. These social media insights give businesses a deeper understanding of how the audience thinks and feels about them.
9. PR purposes – It makes your PR stronger and more impactful for reinforced brand development. Social media also plays a significant role in developing great relationships with the media as well as the influencers.
10. A great marketing tool – Social media is indeed a great marketing tool for all the above points and many more. Moreover, it is necessary for every brand to stay ahead and stand out from the crowd
To summate this, social media is the most talked about and buzzing word in the marketing industry today. It is also a part and parcel of our daily life. But, having said that it is important to know how to channel and utilize this efficient form of media as per your brand needs effectively.
We hope you liked our read about social media.
Stay with us for more soon!